Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm the Chick in Charge of Fun!!!

You may wonder why the" CHICK" in charge of fun is a rooster, well let me enlighten you,it's as simple as this. I am just learning to use the computer and I don't know how to download a chicken yet. Please bare with me, I am going to learn to use this contraption because I have a wonderful new reason to do so.

My husband Cliff and I have recently opened a shoppe in the front of our home.
We have been wanting to do so for a long time but kept putting it off,well we did it on our 49th anniversary on June the 2nd 2011.
I have always loved chickens and wanted to raise them but the time or the place was never just right. So I collected roosters, hens and chicks, at one time one of my grandaughters counted 54 alltogether. I have since edited this collection and have only the ones I painted myself left.
We also ran a country shoppe for 12 years during the 80's and 90's where we sold lots of roosters and such. It was a time when country was just becoming popular and I remember my mother saying how suprised she was because she felt sure no one would buy "those silly wooden roosters" but buy they did.

Well back to our new little RED ROOSTER SHOPPE, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT. I wake up in the morning and instead of wondering what to do I can't wait to get started on my next project.
Our township requires us to make everything we sell as we are considered a Cottage Industry. 
My husband is a wonderful woodworker so all I need do is come up with an idea and he makes it for me. After it's made all I have to do is paint it, if necessary when it's ready to display in our oun little shoppe. How nice is that?
We work mainly in pine, barnboard and some flowers creating what I like to call COUNTRY NOUVEAU,FARMHOUSE STYLE and CHICK PICKS.

No comments: